This is my first ever post which quotes from a Take That song, but for the university academic everything really is changing this year. here are a few big changes that everybody in academia needs to know about:
- Fees of up to £9,000 at universities in England.
- Publication of Key Information Sets (for each course)
- Cap on student numbers lifted for students with AAB at A-level.
- First cohort of students entering the private New College of the Humanities.
- Universities loosing trusted status from the UK Borders Agency, meaning they can't recruit non-EU students.
- Possible loophole for Northern Irish students studying at Scottish universities to avoid fees
LLAS 'Thriving in an uncertain world": workshop for heads and leaders in languages, linguistics and area studies on13 September 2012 in London. As noted by Take That, everything changes.